Monday, April 19, 2010

Maestra Carmen

So Carmen drives me absolutely crazy but I absolutely love her at the same time.  She has tried to teach me so much wisdom that I thought I would share it with all of you :)

Carmen's Nutritional Information:
1. Potato chips are not food, so you can eat as many as you want
2. I have been told more times than I can count to stop drinking so much water at dinner because it fills up my stomach and that is why I am full (not because i have 7 courses at every meal)
3. Pasta does not make you fat, it is what the athletes eat and they are not fat
4. Lentil soup is way to heavy for dinner. But a hamburger, a giant plate of french fries, and a loaf of bread is perfect
5. You can't gain weight in Spain, only in America
6. Eggs is not a breakfast food, but chocolate cake is
7. Callete y come. (translation: shut up and eat)



This is the difference in the size of our plates and Carmens...

These entire table of plates was for ONLY ME! Alaina wasn't there and Carmen didn't eat!!!!!

This is paella! Sooo yummy!! Soooo much food!

I was studying and asked for Cola Cau (hot chocolate) and this is what I got... and I was told to eat all of it.... There wasn't even room for my notes on the table!

AMAZING strawberries we get for dessert everyday with whipped cream! And yes, she cuts them up for us...

Fried eggplant fries=awesome


Other good Carmenisms
1. Every soft drink is Pesi Cola. Not Pepsi, Pesi. And coke is Pesi too
2. I taught Carmen how to use the remote yesterday.  She can now get to double digits. She was so baffled as to how I got to channel 18 because "it didn't exist". However she can now go above channel 9! so proud!
3. There is ALWAYS "mas in la cocina" (more in the kitchen)
4. All Americans are the same and all they do is sleep.
5. Me and Alaina are incapable of ordering our own food at restaurants when we go out every Sunday.  She always orders for us and orders the wrong thing. I do not know how we have ordered our own food without her :)

This is where Carmen is 75% of the time... if you can't find her here, she is either in the kitchen, cooking, or leaning out her bedroom window smoking (she thinks we don't know)

There are so many more crazy things that she does but these are some of the best! Love her to death! She is probably the thing I will miss the most about Spain.... still trying to figure out a way to bring her home in my suitcase.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you ...thank you!! I love a walk through "a day in the life" of you in Spain! I love it. Now take pictures on the way to school!
    I love you and ....watch out for volcanoes!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the best time reading your blog..have been to Rome and Venice and it brought back great memories AND makes me soooo want to go back - and see Spain! Be safe and have an amazing time. I love Carmen!

    Cathy Smith

    ReplyDelete