Wednesday, May 12, 2010

La Ciudad de Amor

Paris= amazing!
 So I am super tired and getting sick right before finals which start tomorrow! I have had so much going on in school (yes I have actually been going to school while I have been here) that I have had no time to blog! So I am going to try to update everything now! Sorry for the wait!!
So we went to Paris a few weeks ago! And it was so much fun! We spent the night in the Barcelona airport two more times on the way there and on the way back and I never want to see that airport ever again!! Terrible!! We tried to find our hotel when we got to Paris but apparently there are 2 Belfort hotels in Paris so yaaaaa we were wandering around for a good hour but we finally found it! Menu for the weekend was crepes, pastries, macaroons, and cheese. Perfect! Versailles was beautiful and we went to Montmartre at sunset where you can see the whole city! Awesome! We were wandering around looking for the Moulin Rouge and we couldnt find it until we heard this French tour guide say Moulin Rouge so we decided to follow him and 70 other old French people for 20 minutes and we found it! Ha it was so random but so fun! The next day we went to the Louvre, Notre Dame, the American Church (where ashleys parents got married....precious!) and we had a picnic in front of the eiffel tower with wine and cheese watching the sun set and then we watched it light up! What a great end to a fabulous trip!


The weekend after Paris, Ross came to visit!!!!! We had SO much fun and I missed him so much! We wandered around Madrid for a bit and then came to Granada! It was so cool being able to show him all of the stuff I have been doing while I have been here! The weekend that he was here happened to be a holiday called Dia de la Cruz (day of the cross) and people wear Flamenco dresses and dance in the streets and ride around on horses! So now Ross thinks that everyone in Granada dresses like that haha! But we had tons of fun seeing the Alhambra and all of the cool places in Granada! He also got the chance to come eat dinner with Carmen and she got her hair done that day! It was hilarious watching her talk to him like 3 inches from his face because he had no idea what she was saying! And he got to experience all of the food she forces us to eat! Very fun! It was hard to let him leave but I know I will be home soon so it was okay!



The weekend after Ross came we went to the beach for the day and had lots of fun just hanging out! I got very sunburned (as usual)! I think Carmen is trying to make sure that we don't miss her that much because she is being, well, not the nicest person ever.  Me and Alaina named her alter-ego evil twin Charmen. Charmen has been here alot lately haha but I only have 1 week left in Granada! Soooo bittersweet! I am definitely ready to get home but I am going to miss this place and these people so much! Oh and if you want to see ALLLLL of my pictures go to my shutterfly!  http://ryannsmith.shutterfly.com/




1 comment:

  1. I want a good bye post! I love you and can not wait to see you soon! I am so excited that you had the chance of a lifetime to experience a different culture, stretch your experience and see that God is with you everywhere...even in Europe!
    Love love love you!
    mommy

    ReplyDelete